cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant -> product not showing error, but been through "common problems"

Redundant -> product not showing error, but been through "common problems"

Hey all.  I feel like a dweeb, with plenty of experience on ecommerce platforms like OSCommerce, OpenBravo, Zen Cart, etc. yet can't figure this out.

Using the TurnKey Magento appliance with 1.7.2 installed (on wheezy).

Long story short, I'm creating a middleware to pull data in json format from a supplier with intention to add it to a magento store, so magento was a great choice due to the API (which is the next hurdle).

Anyhow, I ran into the problem of product items not showing and have been through the usual fixes, such as those here:

http://www.aschroder.com/2010/07/why-are-my-magento-products-not-showing-up/

I have a properly formed category hierarchy (from root with sub categories), products are associated with catagories, products are enabled, items are in stock, with stock volume,  visibility set, ...

The categories that I've manually created for test are showing.  I've tried moving test productss from one category to another.  I've deleted the root and created a new root with sub categories...  This is driving me crazy.

Anyone have any additional ideas?  I'm working on a re-install from scratch, but would like to salvage what I already have, and since it happened once, I'm just worried that a fresh install will just do the same thing...  but I'm open to suggestions.

thx,

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Redundant -> product not showing error, but been through "common problems"

Does you product show after you have re-saved the product in admin?

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

Re: Redundant -> product not showing error, but been through "common problems"

Hi krattai,

Have you tried going direct to the Product URL itself (e.g. {yoursite.com]}/{product_url_key}.html

If you get a 404; then it is most likely an issue with how you've imported the products.. such as not being assigned to a store, inventory issue or even an indexing issue.

If you get the product page; then it will almost definitely be a category issue.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner