cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple product not showing in Configurable Associated Products via CSV upload

Simple product not showing in Configurable Associated Products via CSV upload

The file has been successfully loaded onto the Back end however when clicking on the config product it shows the 'select configurable Attributes' option.  Even though on the CSV file I had selected the config product as having options and the simple products using the same sku but with an additional number at the end.

Using version 1.9.2.1 - read something online about using '_super_products_sku' fields but that doesnt do anything either.

Any further advice?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Simple product not showing in Configurable Associated Products via CSV upload

Can you upload just part of your CSV with one product fully configured, just in order to be able to replicate the same issue?

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Re: Simple product not showing in Configurable Associated Products via CSV upload

Thanks for the response. I have managed to resolve it. Another query i have regarding it is why would additional data need to be added in separate lines?

The set up im working on now requires you to enter data such as different categories on separate lines. Where as in previous places I have dealt with Magento we were able to add everything in one line and use a delimeter like comma or pipe to add in additional data, such as extra categories.

Is it a config setting somewhere?

When you use the advanced profiles and do an export. The data for categories shows up as the category ids and each category is separated by the id and comma. Whereas in the normal import/export option it shows the categories as the full words and on separate lines.

Plus on the advanced profiles you don't see the associated config products too,

Cheers

Thing with additional lines - that's how Magento import works.

There is also one tool called Magmi which allows you to add multiple things in the same line. It's worth of checking out. 

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Strange as I've been able to work in same lines on previous occasions.

Thanks for your help!