Hey everyone, I'm new here, I have been asked to set up a Magento site for a friend, I have got some hosting and a domain sorted but I am having an issue.
I have downloaded Magento CE from here, when I upload and extract then go to the URL I get a plain white page which says "Site hacked by Sizzling Soul...!"
I would usually understand if this was downloaded from a random site on the web but to get this message on a fresh install from the Magento downloads section.
Any ideas ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did you download the Magento from here?
Yes, ver 220.127.116.11 - Added Nov 24, 2014, the .zip version, I havent tried the other 2 yet but with the .zip version I get the Hacked message.
I'm baffled as to what is happening.
Maybe if someone can download the zip version and upload/extract on their server and go to the installation to see what they see ?
You must be getting different html or php page,
You are not landing on the installation page, the url of the installation page should be something like this,
So if you are not getting this url in browser there must be another html page is calling from the root. Please check all the files in the root.
You can do one more thing, create one folder in the root with any name and extract magento files there, then try to access the site with www.domain.com/foldername/
It should take you to the installation page.
Let me know how it is going.
Its a new clean hosting space that you installed it on? or was there something on the web space before hand that had been hacked before ( or maybe a failed hack attempt). I have seen hack attempts which are not found till months or years after the attach, were they changed the http error docs or uploaded a index.html file but they are not used by the current cms so didn't effect the live website.
Hope that makes sense....
I will check this tonight.
I completely cleared my public_html directory and uploaded, this is my usual practive when installing Moodle and Joomla etc.
I will post the results tonight of my attempt.
@PaddyDisplays yes, this is a freshly set up account, I double checked that with the hosting providor.. What I will do tonight is make a screen recording of my process and post a link to it to show you what is happening.
I am usually pretty good with things like this, I have installed hundreds of CMS systems before, mainly Joomla, Wordpress and Moodle but this is the first I have come across this issue, it really has me baffled.
@PaddyDisplays I will certainly look into that, I will also install WAMP on my local machine to see if the same issue appears.
Do let us know the result