cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 ecommerce store, but 2 domains

1 ecommerce store, but 2 domains

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out if I can have 2 different domains that I would like to use for my store. for example: www.example.co.uk and www.example.eu 

One will be used for Sterling and the other for Euro payments. Can this be done? 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 1 ecommerce store, but 2 domains

Hi,

yes, this is possible. you need to create 2 websites in Magento 2 admin and add Base url for specific website.

Also you need to create symlinks in second domain for these folders

pub

media
 static
 opt
 errors

Hello @salesrefrif85a,

Greetings!

Yes, it is possible to create 1 website with 2 domains. But make sure you purchase a subdomain to avoid content duplication so that your website can rank on the search engines.

Magento is best for eCommerce and that's why it offers you to easily utilize the Magento feature to use 1 store with domains. 

Hope this information will help you!

Reach out to us for any queries or questions related to Magento web development. 

Click KUDOS and accept it as a solution.

Thank you!

You only need to do simple settings, you can achieve your needs.

Follow this tutorial to achieve.

How to setup Multiple Domains in a Multi-Store Setup - Magento 2 Tutorial 

To have 2 Magento domains for different regions:

- Get both domains registered

- Set up separate Nginx server blocks

- Configure separate base URLs per store view

- Create store views for each domain

- Configure currency, payments, etc. per store view

- Enable caching and test thoroughly

Hi there,

Yes, it is indeed possible to have two different domains for your store, such as www.example.co.uk and www.example.eu, each designated for Sterling and Euro payments, respectively. This setup can be implemented to cater to customers with different currency preferences.

I did the same to my donkey artwork site, and it is working perfectly. 

Indeed, it is feasible to create a single website with two domains, but it's essential to acquire a subdomain to prevent content duplication, ensuring better search engine ranking. Magento is a top choice for eCommerce due to its seamless integration, allowing you to manage one store with multiple domains. But for the amazing content you can visit free fire server.