cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error - Magento 2.4.6-p3 on CentOS7

SOLVED

500 Internal Server Error - Magento 2.4.6-p3 on CentOS7

Hi Everyone,

I have performed a new installation of Magento 2.4.6-p3 on CentOS7, using apache and php8.2.0 and using composer method, performed the required following steps (permissions, etc) but once I try to access, I have the common 500 Internal Server Error in return.

Have renamed the .htaccess and then I get a "Forbidden you don't have permission to access this resource".

Have tried multiple permission options and it never works. Any hint would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 500 Internal Server Error - Magento 2.4.6-p3 on CentOS7

Found the problem:

the .htaccess on pub folder does have +FollowSymLink but replacing it with SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ir works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Enable error display:

init_set('display_errors',1);

in pub/index.php and see what's wrong.

Also, study var/log/system.log and var/log/exception.log for any warnings/errors.

Thanks @konstantina904 . Where should I see the logs/info generated by the init_set? Because when I set those, I can't see anything different on the page returned:

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at ******** to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

It appears to me that it is not even reaching up the index.php file

Found the problem:

the .htaccess on pub folder does have +FollowSymLink but replacing it with SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ir works.

Hi @CarpoPT,

A 500 Internal Server Error in Magento 2.4.6-p3 on CentOS 7 can be caused by various issues, and diagnosing the problem requires examining server logs and checking different aspects of your Magento installation. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

• Check Server Logs

Examine the Apache or Nginx error logs. On CentOS 7, Apache logs are typically located in /var/log/httpd/error_log, while Nginx logs are in /var/log/nginx/error.log. Look for any error messages that might indicate the cause of the 500 error.

• Check Magento Logs

Magento has its own logs that can provide insights. Check the var/log directory within your Magento installation. Look specifically at the system.log and exception.log files for any error messages.

• Enable Developer Mode

Switching Magento to developer mode can provide more detailed error messages. You can do this by running the following command in the Magento root directory.

Php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

After enabling developer mode, try reproducing the error and check the logs again for more detailed information.

• File and Directory Permissions

Ensure that file and directory permissions are set correctly. Magento requires specific permissions for different directories and files. You can find the recommended permissions in the Magento documentation.

• Check PHP Error Logs

Review the PHP error logs, which are often located in /var/log/php-fpm/ or /var/log/php_errors.log. Look for any PHP-related errors.

• Memory Limit

Check if the PHP memory limit is sufficient for Magento. You can increase the memory limit by modifying the php.ini file or using the .htaccess file if you're using Apache.

• Check Database Connection

Ensure that Magento can connect to the database. Verify the database credentials in the app/etc/env.php file.

• Magento Compilation

If compilation is enabled, try disabling it by running the following commands:

bin/magento module:disable Magento_Compiler
bin/magento setup:upgrade
bin/magento cache:clean
  • Third-Party Extension

Disable third-party extensions one by one to identify if any extension is causing the issue.

• Reindexing

Reindex your Magento store by running:

bin/magento indexer:reindex
  • Clear Cache

Clear the Magento cache by running:

bin/magento cache:clean

also you can try the .htaccess on pub folder does have +FollowSymLink but replacing it with SymLinksIfOwnerMatch it will work.

If the issue will be resolved, Click Kudos & Accept as a Solution.