cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing V2 CE, then log in to Admin all images disappear and the screens are text only

After installing V2 CE, then log in to Admin all images disappear and the screens are text only

V2 CE I have tried to change media htaccess permissions, reinstalled numerous times and tried to install with different settings US lang  versus GB language, all to no avail. The front end is (normally) fine until I log in to the backend then it to turns to text only. I have searched for solutions across the web, but failed to find a solution that works for me, sorry if this question is answered elsewhere therefore, but I am stuck and could use a little help now please if possible. Thanks in advance.

Update some 2 hours later ... and after many more searches, changes and reinstalls...I know this is permissions - I have tried several solutions changing permissions as I go all with no success....I have used filezilla and cPanel to change permissions and at one time nearly got there, before a further directory permissions change resulted in complete failure once again...

So cPanel error log tells me permissions on static/adminhtml/.htaccess - no such directory...looks promising, but how is this created dynamically on install?

Installer is now complaining for the first time after many installs as follows....public_html/var" writable directory permission. and public_html/pub/static, same, but this does not change when I change the permissions...

Got to finish now...will check back tomorrow...thanks in advance....