Hello dear community,
I'm already trying to setup magento completely for 1 week now.
I have never thought that I would have such trouble with it ...
Due to the missing js files, I can't use the backend properly.
Missing files: http://abload.de/img/jsmissingvwods.png
I'm running Magento 2 on a GoDaddy VPS with Apache 2.4 Server.
This is what I already tried:
- Manually flushed cache and static content
- Deployed Static Content
- Changed symlinks to copy (app/etc)
- Changed permissions to 644/755 (following the steps in installation-documentation http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html did NOT work for me)
- Changed permissions in DriverController to 644/755
- Tried several options in htaccess for static folder (e.g. Options -MultiView..)
The /pub/static folder does NOT contain the files after running the deploy-static command. I'm not sure how to get the files in the pub/static folder.
The Frontend is running fine at the moment. (At the beginning I had a similiar problem with missing js/css/img files on Frontend, 'DriverController permission replace' fixed that)
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any information about how to solve my problem using Google.
Hopefully you can help me. Thanks in advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for this fast answer.
Yes, I already tried to deploy the static content several times.
Cuz I'm using the language en_CA, I also deployed the content for en_CA, but the scripts are also missing.
I just found the problem... i deleted and generated the static folder again and again... but I didn't noticed that the owner of this folder was the wrong one. The files were generated by root... for my usage on the virtual private server I have to change the ownership of these files.
So, make sure your ownership is set correctly