cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing Commerce Cloud for local development

Error installing Commerce Cloud for local development

We've just moved over to Magento Cloud, with several environments set up for us: Production, Staging, Integration1, Integration2. All these links are open and can be viewed.

I'm following the instructions to get Magento ready for local development. I can clone the repos, but when I try to run composer install it tells me to run composer update. When I run composer update it gives me the following error:

[404]  repo.packagist.org/p2/magento/magento-cloud-metapackage~dev.json
Downloading  packagist.org/providers/magento/magento-cloud-metapackage.json
[200] packagist.org/providers/magento/magento-cloud-metapackage.json
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Root composer.json requires magento/magento-cloud-metapackage, it could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the package name.

Potential causes:
- A typo in the package name
- The package is not available in a stable-enough version according to your minimum-stability setting
see <https://getcomposer.org/doc/04-schema.md#minimum-stability> for more details.
- It's a private package and you forgot to add a custom repository to find it

I'm not sure what to do about this, I have the details in my auth.json file. I have not changed any files, I simply made a clone using both the web UI and cli, but I'm still having these errors. 

I have ensured that composer is installed and that PHP is on the correct version.

Am I missing a step somewhere?