cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Some Issues with Laptop i5 and Adobe Magento 2 Commerce. Any Advice?

Facing Some Issues with Laptop i5 and Adobe Magento 2 Commerce. Any Advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm using a i5 laptop and I've been facing some performance issues while working with Adobe Magento 2 Commerce. The laptop seems to struggle, especially when I'm handling larger catalogs or working on complex customizations within Magento.

Here are the key issues I've been encountering:

• Slow page load times: Both in the backend (admin panel) and frontend, the page load times are noticeably slow, especially with larger product catalogs.
  • High CPU usage: My laptop's CPU usage spikes when Magento 2 Commerce is running, particularly when I’m running multiple tasks like processing orders, updating product information, or running reports.
  • Frequent freezes: The laptop sometimes freezes when I’m working on customizations or installing extensions, forcing me to restart or wait until the system catches up.
  • Limited RAM and storage: My laptop has 8GB of RAM and an HDD, which I suspect might be contributing to the performance bottlenecks.

Has anyone experienced similar issues while using Adobe Magento 2 Commerce on an i5 laptop? Would upgrading my RAM or switching to an SSD help improve performance, or are there any optimizations within Magento 2 Commerce that could make it run smoother? Any advice on how to better handle resource-intensive tasks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Facing Some Issues with Laptop i5 and Adobe Magento 2 Commerce. Any Advice?

You're facing performance issues with Adobe Magento 2 Commerce on your laptop maybe due to its limited hardware. Upgrading to higher RAM and switching to an SSD will improve page load times and overall responsiveness. In addition, optimize Magento by enabling Varnish Cache, using flat catalogs, compressing images, and enabling full-page caching. Also, managed magento hosting can help you with better performance for Magento. 

Avid learner and technical marketer at devrims.com