Getting Screwed Over by Magento (Adobe) - How do I clean up this mess?
They contacted Magento and asked them to recommend their best developer, they took every suggestion that the Adobe staff made, including hiring their recommended "certified" third party development team and using Magento cloud as their hosting.
The company they hired was allegedly one of the best in the country according to Magento, however as we started working with them, it started out well, but because increasingly difficult to get simple modifications made to the site, part of the way through, we found out that all of the actual developers were a third party (subcontractor) in Pakistan (felt a little mislead on that, but not a huge deal, they seemed to know what they were doing).
Fast forward 3 months, we are still working on the site with this company, they are acting as very ineffective middlemen and we are mostly talking directly with the Pakistani devs. People from the "middle man" company started quitting and less and less people were working on our the customer's site, much to their dismay. We jumped in around this time to help expedite the process, more as a favor to our IT customer than anything, and we assisted with the ERP integration. Finally, they cut over with a less than fully functional website - the site is very slow (running MySQL backend).