cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I migrate my store from Magento 2 to Magento 1

How can I migrate my store from Magento 2 to Magento 1

Is there a guide anywhere that I can follow to do this?

Thank you! J

10 REPLIES 10

Re: How can I migrate my store from Magento 2 to Magento 1

You need to perform a migration, install Magento1.9, set all the configuration and perform the data loads. Extensions will likely not be compatible and the theme may also be a problem. You need to start again from afresh, shame you did not read our comments about Magento2 before installing, we were told by the architects to downgrade a month or so ago.

Hello,

Can I get your current web-store URL for review?

Thank you

Madvin

Hi Joctopus,

Do you mean to migrate your data from Magento 1 to Magento 2? (Your question referred to M2 to M1 migration though).

Actually, it depends on the specific tool you might use to migrate your data. We've a 9-minute video tutorial that walks you through all steps throughout data migration process (this video refers to our tool, however it can give you an overview of the actual migration process.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ubertheme team 

--
We have been building for Magento since 2009. See our growing Magento 2 Extensions & Themes collection.

Nope, I meant going from v2 back to v1.

The amount of issues currently with Magento 2, a month of my life I want back after building a fresh site with it, led me here.

I ended up just having to redo it completely, I tried to export all my product data, but there were just too many issues because we used a lot of the newer features, ie. the product group attributes Magento 2 has, that Magento 1 has nfi about.

Hi Joctopus, 

It's pity for not being of much help in this case. Our tool is kind of one-way migration from M1 to M2 only. 

Anyway, from our experience with some of users who used our migration tool recently, M2 appears to be a solid choice. We had a good chance to interview one of our clients who ported nearly 400,000 customer entities to M2, you can check to see for yourself here

Kind regards,

Ubertheme team

--
We have been building for Magento since 2009. See our growing Magento 2 Extensions & Themes collection.

lol.. well when I was using it, these were bugs I was dealing with:

– Unable to save cms page edits
– Cron re-indexer task not working

– Working on a local development server felt like using dialup again

– Grunt watch task didn't check for symlink file changes

– Multi-selectable attributes did not save

I stuck around for a couple version updates, they never addressed any of these bugs however. So I just switched back, took a week to build a faster, functional magento site. V2 needs a good 6 months to be production ready I think

Hi Joctopus, 

It seems the issues you mentioned were specific for your cases only. We've been using Magento 2 so far, and do not run across such issues. You can check a live instance of M2 we deployed for a demo of our product here: http://magento2.demo.ubertheme.com

Regards,

Ubertheme team

--

Well.. there are 1282 open issues on the M2 github right now.

The ones I mentioned are still open, nearly 2 months later.

I find it pretty unbelievable you have not come across a single bug yet.

@joctopus, well we did not mean M2 comes without issue. Bugs are common for our software world. 

Our previous reply was narrowed down to some of the issue you mentioned. Further, the M2 issues might vary depending on each specific case, and we're not in the position to comment on the open issues on the M2 github though. 

Kind regards,

Ubertheme team

--