cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i Update from merchant beta to RC

How can i Update from merchant beta to RC

What is the best way to upgrade a Magento 2 Merchant Beta store (master branch) to the most recent version of Magento 2 RC?

I've read some suggestions, but I'm not sure which one is the most effective...

Admin omegle

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How can i Update from merchant beta to RC

What I did to update from Magento 2 1.0.0Beta to Magento 2 RC: Created backup of database and files Moved old Magento files to temp directory Placed Magento 2 RC files in the document root Added my old files: app/etc/config.php and app/etc/env.php extensions and my theme After that I got an error about a resource. I fixed this with this script: https://mage2.pro/t/topic/130 After that Magento worked perfect. Also make sure that a few things are changed: You should add a registration.php file to extensions and themes The scheme is changed, see Luma theme for an example.Ome tv. The scheme is changed from: ../../../../../../../lib/internal/Magento/Framework/View to: urn:magento:framework:View

Thanks for the clarification. teatv

spice money login

Dev RC (end Q1) is a declaration of "pretty good stability". (We will reserve the right to make changes, but definitely don't want to as we know they will impact others.) We want to address platform feedback/changes by this date. We know extension developers need time to port their extensions so they can be ready at M2 GA. We are still going to be doing work ourselves, but we are trying to sequence work to have less impact on extension developers. Merchant beta and RC is working on merchant (rather than platform) level functionality as Chuck said, because we believe this will have less impact on extension developers than platform changes. Chatcam . Also make sure that a few things are changed: You should add a registration.php file to extensions and themes