cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Magento 2.2.x on windows OS with WAMP or XAMPP

How to install Magento 2.2.x on windows OS with WAMP or XAMPP

As mentioned in the Magento 2.2 official documentation that OS requirement is Linux, then can anyone please let me know if we can install or use the Magento 2.2.x on Windows machine or not?
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/install-flow-diagram.html

If we can install the Magento 2.2 on windows then what is the correct process and what are the disadvantages if any?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to install Magento 2.2.x on windows OS with WAMP or XAMPP

Hi @rajnikant24

You can install Magento2.2 on windows.I have installed it on my system.You can use either wamp or xampp as per your choice.

The biggest disadvantage which I personally feel Magento2 runs very slow on windows.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hi @rajnikant24

as mention by @Mukesh Tiwari Definitely you can install magento 2 - on windows system , using wamp and xampp server.

To install magento 2 on wamp server here i am sharing reference link for the step by step installation which might helps you - https://www.simicart.com/blog/install-magento-2-wamp/

Also i completely  agree with the @Mukesh Tiwari that problem with the windows system is magento 2 running slow , but if you have SSD instead of HDD in your windows system with proper memory configuration that you will not face that much slow issue. so its depends on the system.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

We can install Magento2 on windows:

There are following steps which needs to perform:

• Step 1: Install Xampp and Composer Softwares
  • Step 2: Install elasticsearch on Windows OS
  • Step 3: Configure php.ini
  • Step 4: Create database for Magento 2
  • Step 5: Install Magento 2.4.2
  • Step 6: Install sample data for Magento 2.4.2

For more details- visit and watch videos.

Please tell us how to install Magento 2.2.x on windows OS with WAMP or XAMPP and Insta Up Apk on the android.I want to install both on my android system.