cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Magento 2.2 database data into Magento 2.3

Import Magento 2.2 database data into Magento 2.3

Hi guys!

My goal is to import MySQL database data from an old Magento 2.2 install someone else constructed into a fresh Magento 2.3 installation I did. 

Will the two  SQL databases have conflicts?

Can I import specific tables and which ones should I import?

I don't know much about the previous developer's install. 

I downloaded the database and the home directory files locally and plan to upload the product images and import parts of the old install's database to populate the products and categories. 

I would prefer to populate billing and shipping info on my own through the admin.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Import Magento 2.2 database data into Magento 2.3

Hi @patrick_wood,

You just follow this step as I mentioned below.

1) Install magento 2.3
2) export your old database dat from magento 2.2.
3) export, remove and backup the new database of magento 2.3.
4) Then you connect this two database both magento 2.2 & 2.3.

If my solution is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi Madhuresan,

Thanks for your help. Seems like a solid solution.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the admin link is or what the password is for the older Magento install. The person who built it has been unattainable. There is no way for me to log in and export from Magento 2.2 as of yet.

I have full server access. Is there a way to export the database in the proper format from PHPMyAdmin?

Thanks again!

Sorry @madhuresan_ramanan , this makes no sense to me. What do you mean then connect 2 databases? And what "data" should be exported from the old database, all tables?

In my case I'm trying to get valuable data from m2.1 (broken) to m2.3, but not all the rubbish lying around in there (url-rewrites, search terms etc.) 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.