cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install a Magento 2 store

SOLVED

Install a Magento 2 store

I installed a Magento2 store in my localhost and it is working properly. Now I would like to upload the store in Ubuntu instance of AWS . Which commands should I run in AWS (both for Magento and Ubuntu) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Install a Magento 2 store

Hi @foysal

Below steps you would like to follow - while moving your website from localhost to new server. 

First You will required to upload all your files on the server (Ubuntu instance of AWS) 

Then you will required to import your localhost database on the server database.

once both things are moved - you will required to change the database connection details into the config.php file (if its different from the localhost) !

Once magento and database both are connected on the server -  then you will required to change the base_url and secure_base_url from the server database.

once all this done - you will required to run below commands for magento !

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Install a Magento 2 store

Hi @foysal

Below steps you would like to follow - while moving your website from localhost to new server. 

First You will required to upload all your files on the server (Ubuntu instance of AWS) 

Then you will required to import your localhost database on the server database.

once both things are moved - you will required to change the database connection details into the config.php file (if its different from the localhost) !

Once magento and database both are connected on the server -  then you will required to change the base_url and secure_base_url from the server database.

once all this done - you will required to run below commands for magento !

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution