cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento 3.2.1 on WampServer 3.1.9 64bit on Win 10 64bit

Installing Magento 3.2.1 on WampServer 3.1.9 64bit on Win 10 64bit

Hello everyone,

Just briefly, I'm a complete novice on both of above, BUT not on IT in general, as I've IT Administrator for 10 years on various platforms, and a Non-Functional Tester for 14+ years, and is now a Splunk Architect. All this just to set the scene, and get the right expectationsSmiley Happy

So far I'v installed the WampServer and WordPress on top of it, and they both run as expected on first run, so far so good.

Now to the more interesting stuff - Magento, which has not nearly been as friendly and cooperative as the other two.

I've made (i believe) all the recommended changes to Wamp (Apache, PHP) as the prerequisites tells.

Download(zip) was fine, but the unzip cast out a lot of CRC errors - why is that?

Then on to my friend Google, here some suggested: Why not use the tar.gz?

And so I did, and there were no CRC's anymore - interesting I think...

I then unzip'ed the whole thing into: D:\wamp64\www\butik ("butik" means "Store" in Danish:-), and started the installation process, which went out well until it stopped as 16%, which it don't seem to want to pass even though I try to restart the installation, the same happen.

The log files can be found on my OneDrive: Magento

By the way, why is system and error log the same size and content?

There seems to be two problems:

1. The requested class did not generate properly, because the 'generated' directory permission is read-only.
  2. Processen kan ikke f� adgang til filen, da den bruges af en anden proces. (code: 32) (which all is in Danish, but something like: "The process couldn't get access the the file, as it was used by another process")

Ad 1. I windows when right-clicking on the folder 'generated', it does (for whatever strange unknown reason) show read only, and if I as Admin remove it, the next time I check it's the same (a habit seen before if a ask my friend Google). If i check the files in the folder they are not read only, and if I check the file it complains about, it's actually renamed as requested, so it's a bit weird.

Ad 2. I can only ask: Which process should that be? I'm not touching anything while Wamp is running the installation. I do run Windows Defender, but should have any impact? The two others install and ran in first shot...!

Bottom linen - I need some help and advice here, is that possible?

If you need any further uploads, please tell.

Many thanks in advance.

/Bjarne

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Installing Magento 3.2.1 on WampServer 3.1.9 64bit on Win 10 64bit

Hi @bjarne_dein ,

In Magento during upgrade,  compile and static deploy they of course need write permission but after those are done you can remove the write permission.

Use the following command to set permission for the generated folder

cacls D:\wamp64\www\butik\generated /t /e /g Everyone:f

Prema M

Hi @prema_mani1,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

As I already explained, there were read/write access throughout all folders, even though Windows differently in the UI.

Anyway I ran your command as for better safe than sorry:-)

And re-ran the installer, and as expected it made no change, it still get stuck at 16%

/Bjarne

Please check below link and then try to install. Also Change in php.ini.
max_execution_time = 1800
max_input_time = 1800
memory_limit = 1024M

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/apache.html

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/system-requirements.html

Prema M

Hi @prema_mani1,

Below is also done, as also describe in my first request (following the prerequest for installing magento2).

Sorry - there is something else wrong here!

How can this thing be debugged?

/Bjarne

Hi There,

Are there really no one in this community who can tell me how to get this up running and/or debug it?

/Bjarne