I have this on a dedicated server that meets all the requirements and runs multiple Magento 1.9 stores. I have spent 4 days on this before posting, to make sure that it's not user error. Reinstalled under different domains 3 times and the same issues.
I am having the following problems :
1. After install CSS and JS are missing. You go though all the exiting of code code xml files suggested in the forums, reset the permissions and cache 4 or 5 times and it starts working. Only to have all the CSS and JS disappear again after a few hours for no reason. I delete the var folder, reset permissions and it comes back to normal... for a while.
2. Once in the working admin, I am not not able to create categories. Create a new Root category and click "Save Category" does nothing. Button doesn't work. Click "Add root category" or "add subcategory" does nothin. Change store view and try again, does nothing. No spinning wheel of death this time but just nothing, not able to create categories.
3. Create new product. Click save and you get the spinning wheel of death and have to reload the page to get rid of it and start again. Not able to create products.
4. Add CMS pages or static block. Click Save and Spinning Wheel of death again. Never saves
Pretty much nothing at all works... Is this really the final release version. Has anyone actually got a Magento 2.0 site up and running yet ?
I have it up and running but their user guide says 2.0 but really still refers to procedures in many parts of the guide from 1.9, etc. - they have not really updated it so it's useless...plus do not have in pdf form and their web interface stinks...scattered.
Yes, the documentation seems to be broken or missing navigation buttons. There seems to be no easy way to go from one page to the next, you click on a topic and then you apparently have to click back and then select another. It is very confusing.
All of the errors in the opening post are related to one issue. For some reason when Magento 2 generates the static files in pub/static it uses the wrong group permissions in my installation.
I fixed this by using the bin/magento tool this way:
chown -R :<WWWGROUP> pub/static/.
Where <WWWGROUP> is the group of your webserver
After trying everything else...this is the only thing that seemed to work after 2 days.
There's a next button - but that takes forever...need to move around topics like crazy fast - PDF would solve this...instead there is a next button - feels like I am clicking on link bait about something like top 10 cities to live in the World...but to see them all I have to keep clicking next.
As sad it is - but I like the name of the topic. Poor bugs. My clean installation with the console have so many problems. Nothing for real customers - only a public beta test.
Of course it's not, i have given up trying to install this after a day of fiddling about trying to get it installed. Just stick to 1.9 and forget this for now.