I have Magento 2.0.7 (and a Mac) and I have multiple problems. Hopefully they are the result of just one problem wich someone can help me with...
- products are not visible in the categories (they are thrue direct url)
- not able to create an account
- not able to add product to shopping cart
- message on homepage: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this email.
- system upgrade thrue web wizard stuck on first step: 'Sorry, we can't take that action right now.'
- In the backend i also have this message: 'one or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your magenot cron job is running' I index now with SSH, but I didn't fixed the cron-job-problem, because I got stuck on the first step: 'must be privileged to use -u'
I really hope someone can help me!
Something isn't right. Was it a clean copy you installed? What do the Magento logs say and what does your PHP logs say?
Please try this one once:
After navigating to the Magento root directory
1: rm -rf var/di/* var/generation/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* var/composer_home/cache/*
2: sudo chmod 777 var -R
3: sudo chmod 777 pub -R
4: sudo php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
5: sudo php bin/magetno setup:di:compile
6: sudo php bin/magento cache:clean
7: Repeat step 2 & 3
Hope this will help