cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luma Theme broken on install.

Luma Theme broken on install.

This is what my Luma theme looks like immediately after completing installation. I am not sure what the issue is, or how to debug. The only thing I am aware of changing to the setup, is the permissions/owner of the folder tree above Magento. I am using XAMPP on a Linux virtual machine, and Magento 2.2.6 with sample data. Any ideas as to what the issue is with my set up?

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Luma Theme broken on install.

@devin_murdock

Please run below commands:

sudo chmod -R 0777 var/ pub/ generated/
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:flush
Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Same result after running these commands. I got this error log:

[2018-11-25 05:47:06] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 05:47:06] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 05:47:19] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 05:47:19] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 05:47:20] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/jquery/jquery-storageapi.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 05:47:20] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/jquery/jquery-storageapi.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 06:10:11] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 06:10:11] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/requirejs-config.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 06:10:12] main.ERROR: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/jquery/jquery-storageapi.js' [] []
[2018-11-25 06:10:12] main.CRITICAL: Unable to resolve the source file for 'frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/jquery/jquery-storageapi.js' [] []

Hello @devin_murdock

It seems duplicate of this issue, please check this if this will help you:

https://community.magento.com/t5/Installing-Magento-2-x/404-s-Missing-JS-error-in-stock-Luma-Theme/t...

Manish Mittal

Hello @devin_murdock,

I used the following workaround to disable static file signing, which has corrected the 404 for me:

INSERT INTO `core_config_data` (`scope`, `scope_id`, `path`, `value`) VALUES ('default', 0, 'dev/static/sign', '0');

You will need to clear cache after this, and also check for any entries with the same config path if you have previously modified this setting.

php bin/magento cache:clean
rm -rf pub/static/frontend/* pub/static/adminhtml/* var/cache/ var/generation/ var/page_cache/ var/view_preprocessed/ var/composer_home generated/
php -dmemory_limit=6G bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
chmod -Rf 777 pub/ var/
php bin/magento cache:clean

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

what a dangerous answer. you are instructing others to remove pub/media.

@Manish Mittal wrote:

@devin_murdock

@Manish Mittal wrote:

@devin_murdock

@Rabijn 

Where did you find to remove pub/media command? if you are not aware then let me share chmod is for permission not to remove.

Manish Mittal