cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 theme to magento 2.0 upgrade issue

Magento 1.9 theme to magento 2.0 upgrade issue

I have upgraded my magento 1.9 to magento 2 with the migration tool. All the things have been upgraded but site which is on magento 1.9 frontend view is not showing in the magento 2 frontend what are things I want to change I want the exact design and functionality as from magento 1.9. May I know what are things I want to do after migration I have already moved all the media images into Magento pub/media folder. Please tell all the steps to bring back my website as it is from Magento 1.9.

Thanks,

Shamim

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 1.9 theme to magento 2.0 upgrade issue

I am just starting to learn Magento 2, but as far as I see Magento 1.x themes are not compatible with Magento 2 as they have completely different directory structure and pretty much everything else as well. You will need to rebuild your theme or get someone else to do it.

Hi Shamim,

Yes the theme will have to be rebuilt from scratch for Magento 2.

---
I'm a Magento Developer living in Melbourne, Australia with 4 x Magento certifications Smiley Happy

As I know, there are three problems people should be care to upgrade data from magento 1.9 to 2.0: Data migration, Extension migration, Design migration. It is not upgrade process. It called migration from magento to magento 2.0 because of differences of two version about structure. If you use migration tool, please check again the choices in the installation process. I see one migration tool as Magento migration extension that migrate products including images and other data to magento 2.0. User can not move manually.