cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3 /var/www/html folder empty after install

Magento 2.3 /var/www/html folder empty after install

Hello guys,

I am trying to install Magento 2 on Ubuntu virtual machine, and everything ends up correctly but there is no source code. I mean /www/html/ does not exist. The server is hosted on Digital Ocean.Has anyone had similiar experience?

My second question is can you install Magento via Putty on Windows and put the path for Composer to be for instance c://testdrive/magento2 ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.3 /var/www/html folder empty after install

Hello @petar_ilić 

RE : I am trying to install Magento 2 on Ubuntu virtual machine, and everything ends up correctly but there is no source code. I mean /www/html/ does not exist. The server is hosted on Digital Ocean.Has anyone had similiar experience?

-- So you have installed the same using composer ? or you have installed it manually because first you need to identify your webroot directory and then you will require to install magento in that webroot directory.

RE : My second question is can you install Magento via Putty on Windows and put the path for Composer to be for instance c://testdrive/magento2 ?

-- Yes you can install the same on windows as well, its just that you will require proper technology stack before installing Magento 2 on windows system and you can change your composer path as well.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I am currently having this same issue where you able to figure out a solution

Hi, the same is happening currently to me. Did you finally solved it?