cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 admin not found

Magento 2 admin not found

I've installed magento 2 ce with sample data and with no sample data on windows. For both cases I've reached success page but it's telling me admin page is not found, and frontend page is incomplete. I''m using wamp server 2.5. What's happening?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Magento 2 admin not found

1. What mode are you operating in? If you are in production mode, you will have to run the static:deploy command.

2. Do you have JS errors?

3. Anything in apache/php logs? 

I have the same problem on clear Ubuntu 14 installation. I receive 404 on admin page. Mod_rewrite is enabled. The problem appears when I use "admin" URL as well as auto-generated admin URL (in my installation admin_veh8t7/). I have no errors on apache logs.

Hi-

I've had the same problem 2x now. For me, it was an apache rewrite issue.

I'm also on Ubuntu 14. I needed to add some lines to my apache/sites-available/mysite.conf and double check that rewrite is on in .htaccess

See instructions here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-mod_rewrite-for-apache-on-ubuntu-14-0...

Hope that works for you!

-M

I had the same issue.

Installing M2CE with sample data was fine, but when I installed without the sample data the admin page wouldn't load.

The solution for me was to copy the .htaccess file from the root of my sample data M2 instance to my new installation, then it worked!

I'm facing the same problem, however copy the .htaccess can't resolve the problem, any  other advice?

Working fine

@hgpit wrote:

I had the same issue.

Installing M2CE with sample data was fine, but when I installed without the sample data the admin page wouldn't load.

The solution for me was to copy the .htaccess file from the root of my sample data M2 instance to my new installation, then it worked!

Thank You Hgpit , it work.. and make sure the Apache module - rewrite_module is active 

@eversun wrote:

I'm facing the same problem, however copy the .htaccess can't resolve the problem, any  other advice

just make copy .htaccess from your root directory.

ex my directory : wamp/www/magento2/.htaccess copy paste the .htaccess to wamp/www/ ( this is my new installation folder ) ..

and of course don't forget make sure ur Apache Module - rewrite_module is active ( check mark.)