cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists.php

SOLVED

Re: Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists

Hello,

Have you set 

extension=php_intl.dll

in the file:

C:\UniServerZ\core\php70\php.ini

?

Have you copied all icu* * * *.dll files:

C:\...\php

to:

C:\...\apache\bin

?

--------------------------------------------------

PS: about this error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library

'c:/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions\php_curl.dll' - Attempt to access invalid address.

Try to add C:\php to the PATH

https://bytes.com/topic/php/answers/10407-setting-up-extension_dir

Stanislav

Re: Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists

Hello again Stanislav,

Yes  I meant to say I did copy the files that you highlighted to the correct directory.

i did some research about the php startup error. Commentary suggest these sypmtoms are the result of duplicate php.ini files.

Found a number of php.ini files in various directories Dont know why they are there. I then simply renamed them (added 2  to them. 

Kept the one in the php70 directory.

No longer get the php startup errors but still get the locale error as below. Because of all these frustrations I am tempted to try another localhost server programme such as easyphp . Or am i so close that it s worth pursuing further? Value your comments Chris

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>php magento info:currency:list

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Locale' not found in C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php(28): Magento\Framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle->cleanLocale('en_US')
#1 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Setup\Lists.php(64): Magento\Framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle->get('en_US')
#2 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\setup\src\Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InfoCurrencyListCommand.php(54): Magento\Framework\Setup\Lists->getCurrencyList()
#3 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command.php(257): Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InfoCurrencyListCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#4 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php(874): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Compon in C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php on line 64

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>

Hello,

Can you attach a screenshot of your error so I can see the place where it happens?

Stanislav

Hello again Stanislav

Success!!! Thank you for your advice, patience and support.

The key solution (as you had advised) was to ensure the PATH to the php executable  was defined in the windows environment properties.

But i had to  restart the PC (in my case surface pro 3 Tablet) for the PATH changes to take effect. I missed this simple step....

How do i know this?

I did a complete new install using a different WAMP server - EasyPHP this time

Extracted the magento 2  archive to the easyphp root folder

Configured a new database

Checked all the extensions

Ran the install setup Wizard

BUT experienced the same symptoms as with The uniform Server: The install programme simply hung at stage 3 Web Configuration and refused to move to the next screen when I clicked NEXT.

I noted the PATH to the Active  php that EasyPHp was using (-7.04 in my case .) Added this information into the Windows10

environment variables list.And REBOOTED the Pc ( my tablet).

As a check I opened up a CMD session and went to the Magento2/bin directory where the magento executable is located.

I typed: php magento info:currency:list  and wow! instead of an error message, a list of countries was displayed...

I restarted the setup wizard process and the wizard advanced to screen four! and viola Progress!.I completed the install

I have learnt a significant amount. I hope this summary helps some one else.

My only problem now is to learn how to close down the easyPhp mysql database correctly. It seems to corrupt it everytime.

That is for another day. Thank you!  Stanislav.  Chris

Hello,

Can you write just the solution and accept your post as "solved".

Many people will have the same problem with Magento 2 installation.

Stanislav

Problem: When attempting to install Magento 2 on a Windows 10 tablet or PC using the supplied setup wizard you find the wizard hangs at stage 3. Despite clicking "NEXT" the setup wizard stays on the database configuration screen and does not change or move to the next screen.The install programme simply hangs at stage 3 "Web Configuration" and refuses to move to the next screen when you click NEXT.

Solution: The suspected reason is the windows 10 environment path variables list currently does not contain the PATH to the php executable for your XAMPP server. th So  use windows explorer to locate the php executable. This will give you the PATH

statement required. For example C:\UniServer\php7\bin.

Now manually add the PATH statement to the list of Windows10 environment variables list. Save and REBOOT the Pc ( or tablet)

This step is important....

Check that this change/uodate to the windows environment  has worked by  opening  up a CMD prompt session and going to the Magento2/bin directory where the magento executable is located. Type: php magento info:currency:list  and you should display a list of countries down the screen after a pause If you receive an error message check the accuracy of the PATH statement..and REBOOT.

Assuming all ok restart the setup wizard process and the wizard should  advance to screen four!