cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento install - page not redirecting properly error

Magento install - page not redirecting properly error

I've been at this for days now with zero luck. I've tried to install Magento 2.4.3 on my local system (Ubuntu 20) but every time after composer install is done if I were to open the site I get a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" error.

Developer tools shows up nothing and I've done everything to try and isolate what is causing this with no luck. How do I get this sorted?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento install - page not redirecting properly error

Can you please share me screenshot?

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

If you are experiencing a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" error after installing Magento 2.4.3 on Ubuntu 20, here are some steps to help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check that your web server (Apache or Nginx) is properly configured to serve Magento.
  2. Make sure that your Magento installation files have the correct file permissions and ownership.
  3. Clear your browser cache and cookies, then try accessing the site again.
  4. Check your Magento configuration files (app/etc/env.php and app/etc/config.php) for any errors or typos.
  5. Disable any third-party modules or extensions that may be causing conflicts.
  6. Check your Magento logs (var/log/system.log and var/log/exception.log) for any error messages that may provide clues about the issue.

If none of these steps solve the problem, you may need to seek further assistance from the Magento community or a Magento developer.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the "The page isn’t redirecting properly" error when installing Magento 2.4.3 on your local Ubuntu 20 system:

1. Check your web server configuration: Ensure that your web server (e.g., Apache, Nginx) is properly configured to run Magento. Check that your web server can access the Magento installation directory and that the correct permissions are set for files and directories.

2. Check your PHP version: Ensure that you have the correct version of PHP installed (Magento 2.4.3 requires PHP 7.4). You can check your PHP version by running the following command in the terminal: php -v

3. Clear your browser cache: Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, or using a different browser to access the Magento installation.

4. Disable Magento's caching: Try disabling Magento's caching by deleting the contents of the var/cache directory.

5. Check your Magento configuration: Check that your Magento configuration is correct, including database credentials, base URL, and secure base URL. You can find these settings in the app/etc/env.php file.

6. Check for conflicting extensions: If you have any third-party extensions installed, try disabling them to see if they are causing the issue.

7. Enable Magento debug mode: Enable Magento debug mode by setting MAGE_MODE to developer in the .htaccess file or in the index.php file. This will show detailed error messages that can help identify the issue.

8. Check Magento's logs: Check Magento's logs for any errors or warnings that may be related to the issue. You can find these logs in the var/log directory.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue. If none of these steps work, it may be helpful to consult Magento's documentation or seek support from their community forum or customer support.