cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento store performance issues

Magento store performance issues

One of my friends is having a really hard time working on the Magento store. The only issue which is persistent from the past 3 months is performance issues. We have worked on certain fixes like caching and disabling all the modules which were unused, but still, the same issue exists. Any suggestions on how we can improve the performance of the store?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento store performance issues

@patriciarodrigu 

You can follow the following steps.

1.If you have a lot of products and images are taking a lot of time then you can use cdn or stack path to load the images.

2.If you have high resolution images, check them and minimize them.

3.you can also check your site on https://gtmetrix.com/ . just put the url of the website and it will scan the website and shows all the issues due to which your website is slow.

As you get the issues due to which your site is slow, according you will get the solution for these.

You can also share the issues so that we can also suggest some points to improve the speed of store.

Thanks and if it helps you then "Accept it as a Solution".

So that it is helpful for someone else who is searching for the same issue.

Hello @patriciarodrigu 

The first thing I would suggest is to check hosting.

What hosting you are using?

When any customer asks me for performance optimization service, the final thing is suggest is to change the hosting if they are not using hosting like nexcess, majemojo, cloudways. This really impacts a lot sometimes much.

Second check gtmetrix score.

Use developer tools to figure out which block/script/code is taking time to load.

Most of the times it's any one thing which cause the issue and resolving it, you get the max performance.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

To enhance and boost the performance of your Magento website, there are several key steps you can take:

1. Optimize Images: Make sure to compress and optimize your images. This reduces their file size without compromising quality and helps your site load faster.

2. Enable Flat Catalog: Activating the Flat Catalog feature in Magento can improve database performance, resulting in faster product listing pages.

3. Choose a Reliable Hosting Provider: Opt for a reputable managed Magento hosting provider. They take care of the technical aspects and can significantly enhance your site's performance.

4. Minify CSS and Javascript: Minifying CSS and JavaScript files reduces their size, leading to quicker page loading and improved performance.

5. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN): Employing a CDN helps distribute your website's content across servers worldwide. This reduces latency and improves website speed for users around the globe.