cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating database onto a Magento with demo content

Migrating database onto a Magento with demo content

Hello,

I have installed the Magento 2.2.5 with the demo content from the installatron (Content selected: Please add the Magento demo content during install).

I would like to know if it is possible to migrate my database (from my previous magento) into my new Magento 2.2.5 that has the demo content?

or I can only migrate my data base into a clean magento (Content select: Give me a clean Magento install (I'll add my own content!))?

Thanks for everyone's help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Migrating database onto a Magento with demo content

You can migrate your previous magento version database using Upgradation process. Upgrade your old version to latest version using composer.json file.

You dont need to install latest version and migrate old version data.

I have taken for example 2.2.0 as your old magento version.

Simply upgrade your old version to latest version using edit composer.json file,

Replace,

"version": "2.2.0", to "version": "2.2.5",

and Replace, 

"magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.0", tp "magento/product-community-edition": "2.2.5",

Now run the command from the root of your Magento,

composer update

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: Migrating database onto a Magento with demo content

Hello @chris_rousseau

@Rakesh Jesadiyahas already provided the solution to migrate from M 2.2.0 to 2.2.5 if you are having 2.2.0 as your Magento previous version than follow that.

I just wanna ask that if you are having Magento 1 version as previous Magento 2 store, it would be preferable if you migrate your data to clean database of Magento 2. For that you can follow https://popatkaran.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/magento-2-data-migration/

Please feel free to ask if you face any issues.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution