cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGINX 404 error despite Magento Installation complete on CentOS 7 terminal

NGINX 404 error despite Magento Installation complete on CentOS 7 terminal

Using this (containing user-specific details intentionally obfuscated) this command:

(sourced from here)

bin/magento setup:install \
--base-url=http://localhost/ \
--db-host=localhost \
--db-name=magento \
--db-user=root \
--db-password='password' \
--backend-frontname=admin \
--admin-firstname=admin \
--admin-lastname=admin \
--admin-email=admin@admin.com.au \
--admin-user='admin' \
--admin-password='password' \
--language=en_US \
--currency=AUD \
--timezone=Australia/Sydney \
--use-rewrites=1

I want to be able to use the Magento admin panel as described on my CentOS 7 terminal window.

[SUCCESS]: Magento installation complete.
[SUCCESS]: Magento Admin URI: /admin
Nothing to import.

I came to this result after following Magento DevDocs on the nginx section of this documentation. However, I seem to be getting to this page when I went onto my browser window:

The page you are looking for is not found.

I admit this is my first time using nginx. So I have looked through some sources claiming that it can be used alongside apache, hoping that I can finalize my setup and begin putting up content.

As a form of troubleshooting, I have gone through /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf but I am unsure what the proper values are supposed to be in server_name. I have seen examples of it pointing to apache in some way.

Here is my current setup so far:

• centos 7
  • nginx/1.12.2
  • php/7.2.16
  • mariadb/10.3.13 (mysql 15.1)
  • magento 2.3 community edition
  • composer/1.8.4
  • apache/2.4.6

I'm primarily trying to use nginx as a reverse proxy for apache so that it can support higher traffic volumes and still be able to utilize the .htaccess file.

I know for sure that I am not implementing this properly so any ideas, comments or suggestions will much be appreciated.