cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with installing via Cpanel

Need help with installing via Cpanel

Hello guys,

So I am following the installation instructions from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrSuqUyMNdo

When I accessed my domain, instead of seeing the setup page as shown in the video, I am having this message: "Internal Server Error. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

What could possibly go wrong? Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need help with installing via Cpanel

@SmokedSausageYou could be missing some server configuration to support htaccess file, or possibly missing htaccess file from Magento root folder. Please check for the permissions as well of all the files and folder under you Magento root directory.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

I will try again tonight. Many thanks for your advice.

Hello sir,
Since I can’t figure out how to upload screenshots to our forum, I will just type the information.

I have the file .htaccess (11.79 kb) and .htaccess.sample (11.33 kb) on my public_html folder on cpanel.

It also seems like all folders have 0755 permission and all files have 0644 permission already.

How do I check for server configuration to support htaccess file? Should I email my hosting provider to figure this out?

Let me know if you want screenshots of my public_html folder. I will try to find a way to upload screenshots to our forum. Thank you very much.