cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to start a magento 2 project but installation issue..!!

Need to start a magento 2 project but installation issue..!!

Group,

I really need to start a magento 2 project. But the problem is that the magento 2 is not getting installed properly. Having Ubuntu 14.4 LTS and php 5.6, mysql latest stable etc it very saddening to see that I could not able to proceed an inch in Installation for the past 3 months. I have tested with windows environment which perfectly works. But on Ubuntu 14.4 LTS installation completes successfully (both composer and browser) but when I click the home page the pub/static css are not getting loaded. Neither the sub pages such as "contact us" are getting loaded. I could not even able to open a /admin link which shows page not found error. php bin/magento setup:upgrade throws strange errors that says class not found.!!

I faced this issue last year during the pre release. But the same issue continued in previous months magento 2 release. Now I am surprised to see the same folder permission issue in the latest update too!! When can I expect a magento 2 installation package for Ubuntu 14.4 LTS where I just need to make a few clicks and start to see the admin and front end pages?

ps.. I did change the chown but I was thrown a "user name not found" error by linux shell though the same user is printed when I type "who am i" command in terminal. But this should least concerned with Installation I hope.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need to start a magento 2 project but installation issue..!!

What exact class is not found?

Hi Dmitry_Fedyuk,

When tried with

"php bin/magento setup:upgrade" from root folder

It says 

[InvalidArgumentException]
There are no commands defined in the "setup" namespace.

How to fix the «There are no commands defined» failure while executing a console command: https://mage2.pro/t/176

Thanks for that link. I could now run the command with sudo

"sudo php bin/magento setup:upgrade"

But after running this command I got an error saying a file cannot be created. This is because of /var should be 777. This same issue I faced while running for the very first time with browser after extracting the zip files. So running the "sudo php bin/magento setup:upgrade" changes the /var permissions automatically. I have restored the 777 with /var and yet I dont get the home page with css, no sub links pages that throws "page not found" error which includes /admin

This is the first time installation and I dont have any of my own extension. So how can I find if any core module name is getting conflicted according to your solution?