cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Magento User

New Magento User

Hi all,

I have some experience in wordpress and thought I'd give Magento a try. I see in the forum plenty of people having issues, so I'm sure it's not just me.

So I downloaded Magento 2.0, uploaded it to a fresh dedicated apache server and ran the webif install.

All tests passed OK.

I installed the CE edition without sample data and it returned a successful page with a summary of store and admin links.

However when I try and access the frontend or the backend it takes a long time to load and when it does, it looks like the css doesn't work. 

I haven't done anything else other than follow the webif instructions.

I'm not sure if it's necessary but i have removed the word sample from .htaccess.sample and php.ini.sample and still have the same problem

Below is my php.ini settings:

Subsection Directive Info Value

Language Optionsasp_tagsAllow ASP-style <% %> tags.Off
File Uploadsfile_uploadsWhether to allow HTTP file uploads.On
Paths and Directoriesinclude_pathWindows: "\path1;\path2" c:\php\includes".:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
Resource Limitsmax_execution_time 30
Resource Limitsmax_input_time 60
Resource Limitsmemory_limit 512M
Data Handlingregister_globalsYou should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of.Off
Language Optionssafe_mode Off
File Uploadsupload_max_filesizeMaximum allowed size for uploaded files.128M
mainsession.save_pathArgument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this variable in order to use PHP's session functions. As of PHP 4.0.1, you can define the path as: session.save_path = "N;/path" where N is an integer. Instead of storing all the session files in /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and store the session data in those directories. This is useful if you or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions. NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically. You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose. NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to use subdirectories for session storage
1 REPLY 1

Re: New Magento User

How to fix the problem of loading css and javascript files: https://mage2.pro/t/259