cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running -

One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running -

I setup a database in phpmyadmin and uploaded the dump.sql.tz file into it and successfully transferred the dummy data.

I have installed magento version 2.2.0 (i assume the free open source community version) using softalicious on a shared server that I have to get to grasps with setting up a full shop -

I then followed the theme instructions and added the "app" folder to the directory and can now see the theme on the interface under "content/design/themes"

I then went to "system" on the menu and tools/index management, selected all, changed option to update on save and hit submit -

but now 7 out of the 10 rows say re-index required

https://imgur.com/1kWIF2X

reindex error message

I have read about entering something into cli shell but i have no idea to access that on my shared hosting server or even if that will work - as i would expect the index management feature to have done that in the interface of magento.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue and how if needs be to get into the shell to enter a command and what that command is.

I am determined to figure out magento as for the amount of products to be added (1000`s) i am told that woocommerce and shopify will not be suffice

thankyou greatly for any advice you can give me magento pros Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Re: One or more indexers are invalid. Make sure your Magento cron job is running -