cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Settings Check fail displaying wrong memory limit

Re: PHP Settings Check fail displaying wrong memory limit

Hi,

I had the same problem and figured it out.

It turns out the cron jobs were not running properly. Try running "bin/magento setup:cron:run" manually from the command line, and if it fixes it, make sure you use the full path to php in your crontab.

Hi,

In my case, I contacted my hosts believing the message Magento was telling me - they checked the config and confirmed it was correct and that my limit was 756M and illustrated the fact to me via a phpinfo output.

As part of me trying to change the limit myself I rebooted apache several times wondering why my changes were making no impact on the Magento error message.

I am now convinced the issue is somewhere in Magento and not the server (but I am also open to being proved wrong!).

Same here. Couldnt fix that until now either. I am also suffering from an Update Pending error in component manager. Guess that is somehow connected. Never the less Update magento and components via command line did the trick for me. Would like forward for a fix on that in near future anyway.

Command line update got around the problem for me also - although now upgraded I have other new issues to try to resolve Smiley Sad

Thanx. That fixed it for me.

Just running "bin/magento setup:cron:run" didn't work for me but the following did...

Magento was detecting a master memory limit setting instead of a local one because we are using cPanlel's MultiPHP Manager. This resulted cron jobs failing with the false memory limit error.  Adding a path to the correct php.ini file in cron job commands has solved it. Step by step...

run "php -i | grep php.ini" in ssh. This will result in displaying something like:

---

Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini
Loaded Configuration File => /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini

---

Note the path to the php.ini file and add it to your cron command. E.g.:

/usr/local/bin/php /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini /home/<username>/public_html/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /home/<username>/public_html/var/log/magento.cron.log

3. Run the cron twice

bin/magento cron:run

Cat Happy Cat Happy Cat Happy

I have tried all suggestions in this forum.  Nothing fixes my problem: "

PHP Settings Check *

Your current PHP memory limit is 512M. Magento 2 requires it to be set to 756M or more. As a user with root privileges, edit your php.ini file to increase memory_limit. (The command php --ini tells you where it is located.) After that, restart your web server and try again.

I have memory_limit set to 1024.  Any suggestions?

Can you walk me through your solution? I am able to run bin/magento setup:cron:run manually and no errors are returned. What would the next step be

@t0mmmmmmm wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem and figured it out.

It turns out the cron jobs were not running properly. Try running "bin/magento setup:cron:run" manually from the command line, and if it fixes it, make sure you use the full path to php in your crontab.

I had the same issue, but finally solved for me,

Steps What I did to solve;

1: Flush your cache then clear again,

php bin/magento cache:flush or clean

2: run cron job twice 

php bin/magento cron:run 

this will solve memory limit issue

I hope useful for anyone 

Try running this command from project root

sudo rm -rf var/di/* var/generation/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* var/composer_home/cache/*