cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Estimate Country on Shopping Cart

SOLVED

Persistent Estimate Country on Shopping Cart

Hi,

Currently, there is a default country for "Estimate Shipping and Tax" on shopping cart page.  But if I select another and then reload the page, the country will switch back to default country.

I want that if customer changes the country at "Estimate Shipping and Tax" box, then it should remain the same for his further shopping cart updates instead of making him to select the country again and again during shopping to estimate shipping.

Magento version: v2.2.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Persistent Estimate Country on Shopping Cart

I will close this one and rather create a new thread with more clarity.  Thanks for the help so far Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @sharddha,

Is there a public url you can share?

I guess if customer choose a shipping estimate option on cart should remain selectd.

Hi,

What I found is that if I enable "Shopping cart persistence", then this behavior is observed.  And if I disable shopping cart persistence, then the country selected on Shopping cart will remain selected  upon page reload.
Help is appreciated for the same.

Is there a public url you can share?

I cannot paste the url in reply.  That reply is marked as spam and auto removed Smiley Sad

Hi @sharddha,

I was checking again your messages (and the store too).

You said:

"And if I disable shopping cart persistence, then the country selected on Shopping cart will remain selected  upon page reload."

I guess that's right because you aren't using persistence. Right?

@Damian Culotta wrote:

Hi @sharddha,

I was checking again your messages (and the store too).

You said:

"And if I disable shopping cart persistence, then the country selected on Shopping cart will remain selected  upon page reload."

I guess that's right because you aren't using persistence. Right?

Hi @Damian Culotta,

I have enabled Persistence right now and now the country selected on Shopping cart page for estimation remains selected if I browse website and come back to shopping cart page.  This is something weird.  It even works with Persistence disabled.

However, one thing I noticed is that if I do "Update shopping cart" or "Edit product" from shopping cart page, then the default country (which is now set to India) comes again instead of other selected country.

I will close this one and rather create a new thread with more clarity.  Thanks for the help so far Smiley Happy.