cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirection Error while trying to install existing shop on localhost

Redirection Error while trying to install existing shop on localhost

Dear Magento-Forum-Users,

I want to install an already online shop on localhost so I can use that for testing.

I went like this:

1. Downloaded everything from "httpdocs" with filezilla on my pc

2. stuffed that stuff in my XAMPP/htdocs folder

3. changed local.xml

4. went to firefox-browser and typed in localhost/MyShopName

And instead of showing the Install-Screen of magento it shows the error message:

Fehler: Umleitungsfehler (Redirection Error)
Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet werden kann.

(The site redirects the inquery thusly, so that it never ends)
    Dieses Problem kann manchmal auftreten, wenn Cookies deaktiviert oder abgelehnt werden. (This problem can happen, if cookies are deactivated or rejected)

So I searched for a fix for this problem and deleted the firefox cache and cookies and so on and there is still nothing.

A few fixes talked about changing the config-something of the database but I don't want to import the database of the shop because it's too big. I just want the design of the shop and so on on localhost to change that.

(I use windows 8.1 if that might help? Sorry, I've never asked something in a forum until now, I'm not sure which infos you need to help me. Aand I'm a magento-newbie)

Thank you very much for trying to help!

fuchs

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Redirection Error while trying to install existing shop on localhost

Hi @fuchs

If I am not wrong you are trying to set up a Magento1 site.

If yes, did you check your .htaccess file in the root directory for any redirection. Did you change the site urls to work on the local machine?

If you are not using the database of your live site then how did you install it or which database you used? There may be some tables required for your customized theme which may not be present in your current database.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: Redirection Error while trying to install existing shop on localhost

Hello @Mukesh Tiwari,

thank you for replying! 

Oh, well, I might be trying to use Magento2 to set up a Magento1-Site. Oops. 

How would I change the redirects to point to localhost? And do you mean the .htaccess file in the root folder?

I didn't even come as far as to install it, it just shows the error. And that might be the problem - how do I find out which tables I need?

Greetings