cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use multi store OR multi store VIEW configuration what you recommend?

Should I use multi store OR multi store VIEW configuration what you recommend?

magento 2.2

I'm wondering if I should setup a multi store configuration or a multi store view configuration...

We want our website translated to every language in Europe (english, spanish, italian etc) hence we need multipe store views.... But shoud all store views be connected to the same store or should we for each country create a separate store (having it's own store view) ...

This is as we know it today, but in the future I may be asked to have one product only available for sale in certain countries. So I think it's good practice to plan for it now instead of later....

Also for Belgium I th8ink I need to have multiple store views for it's becuase they have 3 languages...

What you recommend me?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Should I use multi store OR multi store VIEW configuration what you recommend?

Hi @Loginname

Well its mainly depends on the depth of your requirements , how much functionalities you would like to adapt on store/store view/website level !

So lets say if your purpose is only creating a multi-language front shop - then you should go with store view , because using store view concepts you can always manage multiple language facet also you can manage currency switcher as well like different currency showcasing for different store views.

Moving ahead if you wanted to show few products on few store and few products on different stores then you should go with store concept , where you can assign a Root category to another store and same way create a different products / sub - category to their child products as well !

Last but most important is multi website Concept , well if you wanted to manage everything separately , let's say different payment methods for different website , or different shipping methods for different website, different search for different website at that time you need to go with multi website concepts, where you get almost all kind of flexibility or you can also get the details reports of different different website as well.

For more details , you can refer the below links for the same :

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/7393/difference-between-website-stores-and-store-views

https://www.mavenecommerce.com/blog/magento-store-view-vs-website-vs-magento-multi-store/

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution