cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new product in Admin or view Pages 2.3.5-p1

Unable to create new product in Admin or view Pages 2.3.5-p1

I just installed Magento 2.3.5-p1 with Sampledata and everything seems fine until I go to admin panel and view products page or category or pages etc. I get a blank page and errors in the log files. I am also unable to add new product and I see nothing but a blank as shown in the screenshots.

System.log

[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'tracking' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'global_notices' element cannot be added as child to 'global.notices', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'logo' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'global.search' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'user' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'menu' element cannot be added as child to 'page.menu', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'breadcrumbs' element cannot be added as child to 'page.breadcrumbs', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'formkey' element cannot be added as child to 'page.formkey', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'page.title' element cannot be added as child to 'main.top', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'messages' element cannot be added as child to 'page.messages', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'page.actions.toolbar' element cannot be added as child to 'page.main.actions', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'legal' element cannot be added as child to 'footer', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'notification_area' element cannot be added as child to 'notifications', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'unread_system_messages' element cannot be added as child to 'notifications', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'notification_window' element cannot be added as child to 'notifications', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'notification.messages' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'header.inner.left' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'header.inner.right' element cannot be added as child to 'header', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'logo' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'header' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'global.search' tries to reorder itself towards 'logo', but their parents are different: 'header' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'user' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'header' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'page.actions.toolbar' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'page.main.actions' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'notification.messages' tries to reorder itself towards 'user', but their parents are different: 'header' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'header.inner.left' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'header' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:27] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'header.inner.right' tries to reorder itself towards 'header.inner.left', but their parents are different: 'header' and ''
respectively. [] []
[2020-07-13 05:52:54] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'product.reviews' element cannot be added as child to 'product_tabs', because the latter doesn't exist [] []

# Preconditions (*)

1. Magento 2.3.5-p1
2. Mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.32-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
3. Nginx & PHP-FPM
4. Redis as cache/page_cache & session
5. Centos 7

# Steps to reproduce (*)

1. Visit admin panel
2. Click Content
3. Click Pages

OR

1. Visit admin panel
2. Click Catalog
3. Click Product/Categories

OR

1. Visit admin panel
2. Click Catalog
3. Click Product
4. Click `Add Product`

# Expected result (*)

1. I should be able to view the products from sample Data
2. I should be able to view the current pages I have
3. I should be able to add a new product

Can anyone please help me here?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to create new product in Admin or view Pages 2.3.5-p1

Hello @johndoe86cd 

The above errors doesn't seem to be related with the issue you're facing, Run the below commands :

chmod -R 777 var/ generated/ pub/media/ pub/static/
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento c:f
Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Hi @johndoe86cd 

This is basically a permission issue. You need to be logged in as full previledged user or a su user in your server terminal. Run this in your magento 2.x installation root:

chown -R [apache-user:apache-group] .; && find . -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \; && find . -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
/usr/bin/php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy;
/usr/bin/php bin/magento cache:flush;

It may help you!
Problem Solved? Please click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi, i tried these commands but the issue persists. I don't see any logs in Nginx too. Perhaps do I need to enable something in the admin panel to create new product? or View current pages? I don't even have errors in JS console.

My Nginx config:

https://pastebin.com/raw/b1qXjaWB

@Bhanu Periwal wrote:

Hi @johndoe86cd 

This is basically a permission issue. You need to be logged in as full previledged user or a su user in your server terminal. Run this in your magento 2.x installation root:

chown -R [apache-user:apache-group] .; && find . -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \; && find . -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
/usr/bin/php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy;
/usr/bin/php bin/magento cache:flush;

It may help you!
Problem Solved? Please click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution!

I executed these commands just add "chmod u+x bin/magento", however, it did not help me. Even though i have changed the permissions as you told me.

@johndoe86cd 

Check other logs file in var/log, sort with time .

Change mode to developer :

php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

After uploading products, do reindexing :

php bin/magento cache:flush
Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

@gaurav_harsh1 wrote:

@johndoe86cd 

Check other logs file in var/log, sort with time .

Change mode to developer :

php bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer

After uploading products, do reindexing :

php bin/magento cache:flush

I have checked all the error/access logs in PHP-FPM and Nginx and i couldn't find anything suspicious. Also the logs produced by Magento are the one I published in the above comment. 

Note: I have installed Magento with sample data and without sample data. With both I get blank page in "Content > Themes/pages/configuration", new product or categories.