cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create products

Unable to create products

Hi, I am new to Magento, just installed it last week using freehostia.com  I am new to website hosting and design, but I have some technical background.  After installing the sofware using the freehostia.com installer functionality, I am able to login to the admin and change configuration settings, but I am having a problem creating products. 

When I create a product, I get a general error message:

"There has been an error processing your request.  Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: 962440177223"

Then if I return to the create products page this error is displayed.  

"Method 'getExtensionAttributes' must be overridden in the interfaces which extend 'Magento\Framework\Api\ExtensibleDataInterface'. Concrete return type must be specified. Please fix :\Magento\Catalog\Api\Data\ProductInterface"

I have tried 20+ times over the past 24 hours, and only once was I able to create the product, but after creating it,I can't edit it.  Something is obviously not right.

Here is what I have installed and configured.

• Magento 2.2.6
  • PHP 7.0.33
  • MySQL 5.6.27
  • I have updated my PHP settings including setting opcache.save_comments = 1
  • I have configured the following as a cron job 

/usr/local/php7/bin/php /home/www/[megento install]/bin/magento cron:run 

I realize there are two others that need to be set up as well, but I am waiting to order the services from freehostia before setting them up.

1.  Could the issues I am having be caused by the other two cron jobs not configured?

2.  How do I find the log file or information about the log # to review the error there?

3.  Everything I can find out the error Method 'getExtensionAttributes'  points at not having opcache.save_comments = 1 set correctly but I have verified this several times in my php.ini file  What other issues may be causing this error when creating a product?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to create products

I just noticed when reviewing my admin interface, that the Magento version is actually reporting as Magento version is 2.2.6 not 2.3.0

Re: Unable to create products

Hello @johanna_jorgens ,

1. You have to configured other two cronjobs as well. Please review it https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-cron.html
  2. You can find log here /var/log/system.log and /var/log/exception.log and you got error report /var/reports/# here
  3. Have you installed any third party extension? If yes then disable it for not and try it or Please share error report while saving product so I can help to you resolve this error.

---

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos