cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Magento 2.3.3

Unable to install Magento 2.3.3

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build an online store and I thought that I should try Magento, though previous encounters with it weren't satisfying.

Now, I uploaded the content of the archive (tried with and without sample data, zip, gz, bz2), and I get Err 500 when accessing the domain.

The rror in the server log is:

[Sun Nov 24 18:58:26.454076 2019] [php7:warn] [pid 2129] [client 10.0.1.131:34572] PHP Warning:  realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DirectoryList.php on line 101
[Sun Nov 24 18:58:26.499274 2019] [php7:error] [pid 2129] [client 10.0.1.131:34572] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Warning: realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DirectoryList.php on line 101 in /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/ErrorHandler.php:61\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Magento\\Framework\\App\\ErrorHandler->handler(2, 'realpath(): ope...', '/home/admin/web...', 101, Array)\n#1 /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DirectoryList.php(101): realpath('/tmp')\n#2 /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/Filesystem/DirectoryList.php(176): Magento\\Framework\\Filesystem\\DirectoryList->__construct('/home/admin/web...', Array)\n#3 /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Mvc/Bootstrap/InitParamListener.php(274): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Filesystem\\DirectoryList->__construct('/home/admin/web...', in /home/admin/web/rohostin.ga/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/ErrorHandler.php on line 61

Can someone give me a hand translating this into something more human, please? It's the first CMS that errors 500 on my server. PHP v is 7.3 and I use Apache2 with nginx rev proxy and MariaDB.

Thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to install Magento 2.3.3

Hello @theMageComp 

Using VestaCP. Solved the issue... "disable tls": true in compose.json from site root, in config section. However, the problem I'm getting is that the installer freezes at 99%, when installing the admin user, when installing the version without sample data. If I install the one with sample data, it freezes at about 76%. Can someone do something about this installer? I guess all the issues started since Magento was taken over by Adobe... just like the issues with Dreamweaver and many others... 

So... back to the beginning: how can I get over the freezing part? It's sooooo frustrating. Not only that it takes about 25 minutes to get installed on a server with E3 and 16 GB of RAM, but getting this issue with the freezing... sucks big time

Hello @dan_oancea 

It generally don't take this much time to install honestly. 

Do one thing, create new database, and try installing it using Firefox private browser or chrome incognito mode.

Or better try to install it via composer.

Or using cli command for Magento installation.

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/install-gde/install/cli/install-cli-install.html
Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hey, @theMageComp

got a new db, empty...

let me tell you a bit about the server topo:

nginx as reverse proxy

Apache2 as webserver

MariaDB 10.2 as sql server

php 7.3.12

Zend  v3.3.12

Could it be incompatible with any of these? I don't have any issue whatsoever with any other CMS... Only Magento manages to annoy me big time. I'll give it a go trying cli. Thanks

Whaaat? "Make sure you can back up your entire system at various points during the installation"

Magento is going bye bye and will never EVER try it again. Such a crap didn't find  anywhere else. Thanks for all your help.