cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Magento ver 2.1.7

Update Magento ver 2.1.7

Hello! 
I am new in magento. 

I started to work in one online store that is working on magento. Colleagues said that our site works on a purchased template from templatemonster website (bought in 2017 as i know). 

As I see in Dashboard - our current Magento version is 2.1.7.  As I know now there is a lot of new versions that is after this. Could you please tell me on which version I should update magento version and please tell me at least a few reasons why it is necessary to do? I don't know a lot about magento, Sorry.

Will there be any specific changes to the template? Or is there something will work faster/ better? 

Thank you very very much in advance!!! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Update Magento ver 2.1.7

Hello @ervingrankc7e3,

Greetings to you!

If you are looking for the best and most advanced feature then Magento 2.4.4 will be a great choice. 

One of the biggest introductions of Magento 2.4. 4 is support for PHP 8.1 which means all project libraries, dependencies, core composer dependencies, and third-party libraries are now updated to the latest version that's compatible with PHP 8.1. 

You can check the official release note Magento 2.4.4 by Adobe. 

Hope this will help you better.

If you still have any doubts or facing any issues regarding the upgrade, feel free to contact us. 

If solved? Click KUDOS and accept as a solution.

Thank you Smiley Happy