cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Mage 1 to Mage 2

Upgrade from Mage 1 to Mage 2

Has anyone upgraded from 1 to 2? What has your experience of the process been?

I currently work for a company that uses Magento v1.9.x and is intending to upgrade in the next 12 months to the latest version of Magento v2.x.x. So once I can get my hands on better hardware for my own home use, I might run the process myself at home as a test first to see if there is any issues I can expect.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Upgrade from Mage 1 to Mage 2

Hi @damien_hunter

Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2

You define year span for migration over the latest generation magento 2.x, then its safe to presume that the size of your existing magento 1 build and data profile must be huge.

Migration process broadly involves four different aspects.

• Theme Migration
  • Extension Migration
  • Customizations Migration
  • Data Migration

For Data porting make sure you utilize  Data Migration Tool - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/migration/migration-tool.html 

Frontend/theme, your community extension packs (paid/free) and whole custom codebase requires a kind of re-factoring and re-coding rounds depending on your e-commerce workflow, embedded business rules and lot other many narrow areas.

Particularly about your frontend end-user bounding shop, you may consider to face-lift overall shopfront design/appearance including mobile experience – this is something which will decide your theme migration approach.

Re : issue - while migrating data you may face some common issue which is outlined on Magento DevDocs itself, here is the reference link for the same - https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/howdoi/migrate/migrate-data.html 

For Migrating codebase and theme its almost a rebuild process therefore, if you follow best practises and all coding complinces, well in that case you wouldn't face any issues in this area.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I have deep experience in migration from magento 1 to Magento 2, if you have any question please inbox or leave a Skype message

From our experience, it would be best to proceed data migration in the first place. Once you verify all migrated data, you start with theme / extension integration.

In terms of data migration, it's more about the data migration tool you select. A right tool will help you do the heavy lifting.

Here's a few common Magento migration FAQs that we curated from our actual Magento data migration. We hope it might help you have an overview to prepare your own migration plan.

--
We have been building for Magento since 2009. See our growing Magento 2 Extensions & Themes collection.

@damien_hunter

I have already done migration of M1 to M2 for multiple web-stores. Please find below link of easy steps to do the same.

https://popatkaran.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/magento-2-data-migration/

I hope this gonna make your migration process easy.

After I done migration data on magento2. We are implement website, new function, something...... on dev site. The current, live site still running.

So, I would like to know: " How to migration again dev site mapping with live site?" Do we need to migration again with null database?