cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Magento 2 download "blank.html" file

Why does Magento 2 download "blank.html" file

Every time I go to Products > Categories I get a "blank.html" file downloaded to my local machine. Then, as I setup categories and click the Save Category button another "blank.html" file downloads to my local machine.

I built my initial category/subcategory list and got over 90 downloaded `blank.html` files.

How to shut that feature off?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why does Magento 2 download "blank.html" file

It's very annoying. Any Magento 2.0 rocket scientists out there?

What is the fill URL of the 'blank.html' HTTP request?

The URL is the Dashboard > Products > Categories as follows:

https://mydomain.com/my-store-admin/catalog/category/index/key/cc969b8610b8b940f7b435ba3a0fa673c448d...

Look at the bottom of the screen shot. There you will see the continual list of "blank.html" files that are downloaded.

Here is this morning's list of my downloads folder on my local machine.

Each "blank (x).html" file is truly blank -- it is empty.

Thank you @Dmitry_Fedyuk for helping me turn this feature off. It is very annoying.

Please publish the server HTTP response's headers and body for the problem request(/my-store-admin/catalog/category/index/key/<key>/), which leads the browser to download the "blank.html" file.

Gladly @Dmitry_Fedyuk.

Can you restate that in more "dumbed down" terms. I just a stupid newbie trying to learn Magento and I do not understand your answer.

A simple step-by-step set of clicks would be awesome.

Thank you very much for helping...

Does anyone know why Magento forces a download of an empty file named "blank.html" whenever you go to the PRODUCTS > Categories page in the backend Admin Panel?