cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing Magento 2 on a hosted server

installing Magento 2 on a hosted server

hi

I have tried to install Magento on a hosted server ( one.com) and when I try to run the setup I get following message

"Vendor autoload is not found. Please run 'composer install' under application root directory."

i assume I have to install a composer ? how do I do that ?

I don't have a command line in the file manager ?

any ideas ?

or can it be installed with out ?

best regards

Rene Pedersen

2 REPLIES 2

Re: installing Magento 2 on a hosted server

Hi @rene_pedersen,

Did you checked the system requirements?

Can you check if your hosting features are at least those Magento needs al least? (Shell access will be necessary)

To install Composer you can follow this steps: https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md#installation-linux-unix-osx

Re: installing Magento 2 on a hosted server

To install Magento 2 on a hosted server, you need to follow a few steps. One of the requirements is to install Composer, as it is used to manage Magento's dependencies. As you mentioned that you don't have a command line in the file manager, you might need to check if your hosting provider allows command-line access or provides an alternative method for running commands.

If you're unable to run Composer directly on your hosted server, you can try the following alternatives:

1. Local Development Environment: Set up a local development environment on your computer, install Composer there, and then use it to install Magento. Once you've configured Magento locally, you can upload the files to your hosted server.

2. Composer on a Different Server: If you have access to another server where you can run Composer, you can use that server to generate the necessary Magento files. Then, you can transfer the generated files to your hosted server.

3. Manual Dependency Installation: If you can't use Composer at all, you can manually download the required dependencies and upload them to your server. However, this method can be time-consuming and may lead to issues with version compatibility.

In any case, I will advise you to consult your hosting provider's support or documentation to understand the available options for running Composer or to determine if they have any specific guidelines for installing Magento on their servers.