cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup:config:set env.php data ignored

setup:config:set env.php data ignored

I am trying to build a process that will allow semi-automated installation of Magento 2.3.1. The environment build, magento file install including dependencies is all OK. If I browse to site directory, I can continue an installation.

However, I want to pre-configure the database host, database name, database user, and database password via the magento CLI command, and allow an end user to complete the setup via the standard web user interface. The CLI command setup:confif:setup command works as expected. env.php is created, with appropriate data. I expected step 2 of the setup to either pre-populate with the information contained in env.php, or to skip that data entry screen.

How is it meant to work? Is it possible to automate the database config and do the rest of the config via the standard GUI?

1 REPLY 1

Re: setup:config:set env.php data ignored

To be more specific about this issue...The deployment documentation is not working as described. The documentation talks about setup:config:set:

You can use this command if:...

• If you want to create only the deployment configuration and continue the Magento installation some other way

This is exactly what I want to do. It goes on to say after the above is complete - you can... continue your Magento software installation:

The data is populated in env.php, but when I go to continue - this information is ignored totally.