cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Order history into M2 from different cart software

SOLVED

Import Order history into M2 from different cart software

I am re-platforming to M2 EE (from miva merchant). In my new store, all skus will be different from my old skus (due to the way my old store was set-up and extensions/customization in my new store).

I would like to for customers to be able to access their order histories in the new store. While I understand that products in an old/imported order may not be clickable to a product on the new site (because my skus will be different), it would be great if, at the very minimum, our customers could access at least a visual reference of their order histories (ie: text or PDF of items ordered).

The dev company I hired for the new site told me that orders could not be imported, but I've seen some import extensions/software that claim to make it possible. Can anyone help to clarify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Import Order history into M2 from different cart software

@karenlovemHi,

What you are looking for is totally possible. You can use either an extension to import orders. However, they will have their own format to import and same needs to be created from Miva which can be little time consuming. Import export plugin may not link your orders with the customer.

More better & perfect solution would be to write custom scripts to import the order. Initially you can hit and try on test environment. Once the script is functioning as needed then you can run for bigger set of data. Many of the merchants migrating from Miva/WooCommerce etc are doing the same.

Problem solved? Please give Kudo and select answer as Solution.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

with Magento 2 everything is possible.

Orders could be imported with a custom script. It could be tricky but it is sure not impossible. Could be costly though but:

I am sure miva software has a way to export an order to PDF. That leads us to a cheaper solution - attach old order PDFs to Magento 2 customer entities. 

@karenlovemHi,

What you are looking for is totally possible. You can use either an extension to import orders. However, they will have their own format to import and same needs to be created from Miva which can be little time consuming. Import export plugin may not link your orders with the customer.

More better & perfect solution would be to write custom scripts to import the order. Initially you can hit and try on test environment. Once the script is functioning as needed then you can run for bigger set of data. Many of the merchants migrating from Miva/WooCommerce etc are doing the same.

Problem solved? Please give Kudo and select answer as Solution.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

OK, great, thank you. Initial research shows that there are no out-of-the box methods or extensions to export orders from Miva to PDFs. Testing cart2cart or getting an estimate on a custom script will be my next steps. Thanks for your input!