cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.3 with sample data install seem perfectly but the frontend and backend have many broken

SOLVED

Magento 2.2.3 with sample data install seem perfectly but the frontend and backend have many broken

PHP 7.1.14 64bit
Apache 2.4.27 64bit
MySQL 5.7.19
Windows 10

I download magento 2.2.3 with sample data from here(194.46MB)

https://magento.com/tech-resources/download

when installing,seem no error appear(the download bar will show 0%-100%),but now I see the frontend and backend have many css and js even font can't load correct,I really don't know why...

by the way,everytime I refresh the page,always load slow and sometimes appear inetrnal error message,seem very Unstable(but I am very sure my server seem good to work,otherwise the installation should be abnormal)

is there any reason about that ?

backend.pngfrontend_1.pngfrontend_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.2.3 with sample data install seem perfectly but the frontend and backend have many bro

After Magento 2 is installed you need to run below commands from SSH terminal.

Run below commands in sequence.

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Also if your var and pub/media,pub/static directory don't have writable permission

please give writable permission to those directories as its necessary, you can give writable permission by running below commands from SSH terminal.

find ./var -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \; // 777 permission for var folder
find ./pub/media -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
find ./pub/static -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Magento 2.2.3 with sample data install seem perfectly but the frontend and backend have many bro

After Magento 2 is installed you need to run below commands from SSH terminal.

Run below commands in sequence.

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Also if your var and pub/media,pub/static directory don't have writable permission

please give writable permission to those directories as its necessary, you can give writable permission by running below commands from SSH terminal.

find ./var -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \; // 777 permission for var folder
find ./pub/media -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
find ./pub/static -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \

but when I use

php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -from

it will show these error message

2018-03-17_142409.png

There is a typo mistake in the command you are running.

you need to pass -f only not from

Try below command for that :

after I use

f.pngall step all done,I refresh the page again but become more worse,only blank page...

2018-03-17_145447.png

You need to run below command,

In your command you have used -from instead of -f.

You need to clear browser cache as well as magento cache.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

I have already use -f command and use private explorer mode

but the same...

Worked great except for the 777 command thanks took ages trying to figure it out till i found your post under "pub/static directory" search

Hi I have same problem on frontend and backend - got following message on running below command on server terminal. 

Compilation was started.
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 64.0 MiB
Check https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md#memory-limit-errors for more info on how to handle out of memory errors.