cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 installation hell

Magento2 installation hell

Dear,

I just finish a magento2 CE installation: The Hell like the rpm (for the one who run Redhat)

- I tried the composer install, web install and cli installation with out any success, so I used the git clone procedure and I finished with the following problem: the css files are not found in this server (apache2 answer) when I try to login into the admin url, same result with the front-end

-- apache2:

The requested URL /magento2/pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/jquery/jstree/themes/default/style.css was not found on this server

-- magento2 installation dir:

/var/www/html/ > find magento2 -iname style.css -type f
magento2/app/code/Magento/Swagger/view/frontend/web/swagger-ui/css/style.css
magento2/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/test/assets/style.css
magento2/vendor/phpunit/php-code-coverage/src/CodeCoverage/Report/HTML/Renderer/Template/css/style.css
magento2/lib/web/jquery/jstree/themes/apple/style.css
magento2/lib/web/jquery/jstree/themes/default/style.css
magento2/lib/web/jquery/jstree/themes/default-rtl/style.css
magento2/lib/web/jquery/jstree/themes/classic/style.css

As you can see not the same thing ?!

The magento1 installation was great but the magento2 installation is a Hell.  I am wondering if you did some installation before shipping this software ?!  Now I understand why opensource is not trusted.

Regards,

Yves

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Magento2 installation hell

Hi @yguerin

Run following command on the root 

php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

Also refer Deploy static view files

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Dear,

I did it and it's worst, a blank page !?

So I restarted a brand new install, including your command...

Regards,

Yves

Maybe try clearing browser cache?

Deploying the static files locally like this worked for me..

Did you see it try to download thousands of files with ................................................ progress showing?

Dear,

I did a fresh install, wipeout the magento directory and drop the database.

I redid my procedure

I got the front-end: Good Smiley Happy

I got the back-end: Good Smiley Happy

At the first try I got: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Zend_Cache_Exception' with message 'cache_dir "/var/www/html/magento2/var/page_cache" is not writable

Not fix from magento-1.X ...

but I ask for fr_CA and I got en_US interface at login, I did the installation with: --language=fr_CA

and the css: 

The requested URL /magento2/pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/extjs/resources/css/ytheme-magento.css was not found on this server

same point Smiley Sad

I did the procedure at: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-static-view.html

find magento2 -iname "ytheme*" -type f
magento2/pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend/fr_CA/extjs/resources/css/ytheme-magento.css
magento2/pub/static/frontend/Magento/luma/fr_CA/extjs/resources/css/ytheme-magento.css
magento2/pub/static/frontend/Magento/blank/fr_CA/extjs/resources/css/ytheme-magento.css
magento2/lib/web/extjs/resources/css/ytheme-magento.css

but the html page ask for en_US ? installation bug...

Regards,

Yves

Dear,

Yes:

php magento2/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy fr_CA
Requested languages: fr_CA
=== adminhtml -> Magento/backend -> fr_CA ===
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Successful: 1980 files; errors: 0
---

=== frontend -> Magento/luma -> fr_CA ===
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Successful: 2120 files; errors: 0
---

=== frontend -> Magento/blank -> fr_CA ===
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Successful: 2044 files; errors: 0
---

=== Minify templates ===
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Successful: 857 files modified
---

New version of deployed files: 1459533865

Dear,

I ran:

php magento2/bin/magento cache:status

php magento2/bin/magento cache:flush

service apache2 reload

try again, got an exception:

tail -n 50 magento2/var/log/exception.log
[2016-04-01 18:10:02] main.CRITICAL: exception 'Exception' with message 'Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/magento2/var/cache//mage-tags/mage---ea6_CONFIG): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/magento2/lib/internal/Cm/Cache/Backend/File.php on line 661' in /var/www/html/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/App/ErrorHandler.php:61

Fed-up with this kind of error...

So, finally same point again...

Dear,

I change the value to fr_CA in the  db.admin_user.interface_locale table and it works Smiley Happy)

The installation is very painfull... NO COMMENT...

Regards and thank you to send me some input... and your time.

Yves

I have had all the same issues that you explain.  The documentation sucks bad, the installation is flawed.  This product appears to be more than six months from ready.  I have managed to get some assistance on GitHub, so here is the link for anyone else going through the same kind of hell https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/6366