cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuovo sito con Magento 2 o Magento 1 ?

SOLVED

Nuovo sito con Magento 2 o Magento 1 ?

Sono nuovo di questo Forum e ritorno su di un argomento già affrontato precedentemente, ma, visto il tempo trascorso dalle precedenti risposte, chiedo a voi tutto un parere aggiornato.

Sto effettuando il passaggio del mio sito e-commerce da piattaforma proprietaria a Magento. Ricevuta una prima versione del lavoro, ho rilevato che lo sviluppo è stato fatto con Magento 1.9. Tenuto conto che, da quanto ho letto in giro sulla rete, detta release perderà il supporto entro la fine di quest'anno, mi è sembrato poco opportuno utilizzare per un sviluppo ex novo la versione 1.9 anziché la più recente 2.2.3 .

La società incaricata non è d'accordo con questa mia tesi e sostiene che la nuova versione è troppo giovane e non affidabile, per cui non la utilizzano.

Io non sono affatto convinto e chiedo a Voi esperti se effettivamente la 2.2.3 sia ancora da tenere da parte. Non vorrei, infatti, entro breve periodo, procedere ad un complicato aggiornamento del sito, vista la totale diversità delle due strutture.

Grazie a chi vorrà illuminarmi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nuovo sito con Magento 2 o Magento 1 ?

Hi @giovanni_marchioni,

(Sorry, I can read a little bit of italian but I can't write it).

Is true that Magento 1 is ultra-stable. Nobody can argue that.

But if you're starting a new project with Magento the logical option should be Magento 2.

The reason here isn't the stability. The reason is the future.

I mean, if you want to use the new store for the next 3/5 years at least, Magento 2 is your logical option.

I can understand some commetns about stability. But also, currently, Magento 2 has a huge amount of contribution from the whole community.

For example: a few months ago we got this. Currently there is a team (Magento + Community) working on provide support for Php 7.2. Soon, the Open Source edition will have support for Queueing Systems.

You won't get that kind of (fast) evolution on another platforms (even the version 1).

Is right, sometimes there are bugs, like every other system in the planet. But Magento and the community is working fast to solve it (you won't see this velocity on Magento 1 neither)

I'm also developer and from time to time I have to deal with some issues (trust me, sometimes is hard) but I still believe that your best option, if you are starting with the platform, is to move to Magento 2.

(My 2 cents)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @giovanni_marchioni,

(Sorry, I can read a little bit of italian but I can't write it).

Is true that Magento 1 is ultra-stable. Nobody can argue that.

But if you're starting a new project with Magento the logical option should be Magento 2.

The reason here isn't the stability. The reason is the future.

I mean, if you want to use the new store for the next 3/5 years at least, Magento 2 is your logical option.

I can understand some commetns about stability. But also, currently, Magento 2 has a huge amount of contribution from the whole community.

For example: a few months ago we got this. Currently there is a team (Magento + Community) working on provide support for Php 7.2. Soon, the Open Source edition will have support for Queueing Systems.

You won't get that kind of (fast) evolution on another platforms (even the version 1).

Is right, sometimes there are bugs, like every other system in the planet. But Magento and the community is working fast to solve it (you won't see this velocity on Magento 1 neither)

I'm also developer and from time to time I have to deal with some issues (trust me, sometimes is hard) but I still believe that your best option, if you are starting with the platform, is to move to Magento 2.

(My 2 cents)

Hi, I am not an expert and I ask you for advice, in June 2018 they gave me a Magento 1 site, to have it I invested an important amount for me, today after less than 2 years, from next 30 June 2020, Paypal and Visa not they will be more compatible with this CMS and it will be necessary to edit a new site, in this case with Magento 2, for me it means another important expense.
my question is: since when is Magento1 endline development known?
Are the costs of making a website in Magento2 really higher than in Magento1?
I asked for a site in Magento in March 2018, do you think it is normal that an expert webmaster has used the Magento1 cms instead of doing it with Magento2?

Hi @triax1libe704f,

There were a lot of conversations in the past about the EOL date but the official communication was this one: https://magento.com/blog/magento-news/supporting-magento-1-through-june-2020