cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import products not visible in admin, database

Import products not visible in admin, database

Hi, I am facing an issue with product import. I have created a csv with few prorducts and tried importing in from Magento admin, the process went smoothly and after file check up it asked me to click Import button to import the list of products. The import successfully done message is also visible but when I am checking the products in admin or database, nowhere I can find the products. Kindly let me know the reason behind this so that I can resolve this issue. Do let me know if any other details are required.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Import products not visible in admin, database

Sorry for delay, I have been on leave. Also I will make a few suggestions, but sorry - this area is not a general product support area. My purpose is to describe archtiectural questions people may have.

However some suggestions in case useful:

• Did the import command give you any indication of how many products got loaded?
  • Do you have cron configured correctly? I wonder if background indexing has not kicked in.
  • You could try (if you are brave) to access the database via SQL, to see if the records were loaded.

My primary guess is cron and the indexer not running. Magento frequently has master data tables and index tables. The index tables are used for fast access, but an indexing process has to map raw table changes to indexed content for it to appear in many interfaces. If the indexer has not run, updates won't become visible.

If you think there is a repeatable bug here, feel free to report on GitHub for the Engineers to investigate.