cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid credentials for repo.magento.com

Invalid credentials for repo.magento.com

Sorry for making new topic, but prev one was solved and propably no one will enter it again.

I now that i have to add private nad public keys in web and  ~/.composer/auth.json - and it was working till today, when i was trying to upgrade magento to 2.0.3 - suddenly it just stopped (first in shell, secondly in web when i was regenerating it and creating new one)

So what can i check to solve it? There is nothing special in error log file, about this issue.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Invalid credentials for repo.magento.com

2.0.3 got broken between staging and prod and was removed from the site once detected. It will be re-released as 2.0.4 once packaging and double testing completes. (The reason why does not matter as it is unacceptable any way I explain it.) 

Today I tried to Install Magento on my server and got error.
ubuntu:~/public_html$ composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition
  [Composer\Downloader\TransportException]                                     
  Invalid credentials for 'https://repo.magento.com/packages.json', aborting.  

create-project [-s|--stability STABILITY] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--repository REPOSITORY] [--repository-url REPOSITORY-URL] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--keep-vcs] [--no-install] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--] [<package>] [<directory>] [<version>]

my auth.json
    "github-oauth": {
        "github.com": ""
    },
    "http-basic": {
      "repo.magento.com": {
         "username": "public key",
         "password": "private key"
      }
   }
}

How can I solve it?

Do you have the text "public key" and "private key" in your auth.json file? you need to replace these with real keys. You can get these keys from marketplace.magento.com.  Sign in, go to "Marketplace" tab, "My Access Keys", and use the keys there (click "Generate" to create some if you don't have any). It should to two long hex sequences - the "public" hex sequence goes into "username" and the "private" hex sequence goes into "password" in auth.json.

@akent99 wrote:

Do you have the text "public key" and "private key" in your auth.json file? you need to replace these with real keys. You can get these keys from marketplace.magento.com.  Sign in, go to "Marketplace" tab, "My Access Keys", and use the keys there (click "Generate" to create some if you don't have any). It should to two long hex sequences - the "public" hex sequence goes into "username" and the "private" hex sequence goes into "password" in auth.json.

Yes, of course, I used real generated keys.
And I'm getting error.
I tried to generate new access key and got failure again.

I am experiencing the exact same issue, my keys are definitely correct. Do you think it could be a current magento server issue? Strangely enough, one of my auth attempts resulted in a 500 error response from the server??

If you mail me the keys you are using and your Magento user id (akent at Magento dot com) I can get the guys to check to be sure. Generally not hearing of problems, but can check to be sure. If you have the date/time stamp of when you tried and got the 500 error I can ask the team to check the logs as well to see if we have any more internal details to see what is happening.

I have the same problem right now. 

I also have the same problem while trying to update from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 via composer. My keys are definitely  correct.

I have the same problem when trying to install the version 2.0.6 use composer . I have created a new key pair and still does not work