cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language dictionary update

Language dictionary update

Hi, probably me thats just cant wrap my head around this. But I have created a cvs for translation ... now that I have upgraded Magento, i would like to translate only the new strings (if there are some)

When using

i18n:collect-phrases

is there a way to get only the new strings and update the existing cvs ? If not it should be possible.. or please advice on only to get the new strings..

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Language dictionary update

Hi @ptomter,

Based on the documentation for that command, it seems that is not possible:

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-i18n.html

The closest you can find is the "merge" parameter in the command, but it's not exactly what you are looking for.

That being the case, I suggest creating a new command in a custom module to export only those strings, looking at the i18n:collect-phrases Magento command as reference for the code.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi @Gabriel Guarino, out from the doc. I know this is not possible at the moment... thats why I ask if they have any good advices, or this perhaps should be a function to get only the new ones..

Hi @ptomter, are you translating via our CrowdIn project? Curious as it will let you know which strings are untranslated there. 

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hi @sherrie , no I am not using this as there is not used the same words translating the same things to Norwegian. Like a airplane is called both a bike, car or boat. Different translators different words are used translating...  Smiley Happy  Thats why I would love if there would have been a way to get only the new strings from the new Magento Versions.